- Prevent water hammer during pump startup and shutoff.
- Prevent returning flow (non-slam check feature) in case of power failure.
The pumping system requirements:
- Replacing old, bulky piston actuated pump control valves at the site, thus reducing the operational costs and improving the performance of the system.
- Protection against water hammer during start-up and shutoff procedures.
- Preventing plug slamming while preforming fast emergency closure in case of power failure.
- Achieving fast and slam free closure, in a low pressure-loss control valve.
To install 24" ( 600 mm), hydraulically operated, booster pump control valves, on 4 of the supply pumps to the municipal reservoirs in 2 different pump stations. Following rigorous tests against competing valves, the customer (Monterrey City which is Mexico's largest industrial city) chose Dorot's model